Friday, 3 January 2014

Happy Christmas and New Year!

I haven't been posting as much as I would like lately, as I have been at home in Jersey and spending precious time with my family over the Christmas period. I have mountains of reviews to get through and so many makeup looks and news I will be sharing with you soon. I won't bore you with a big reflection post, but 2013 was a mixed year - some amazing things happened to me...I got to work with Charlotte Tilbury, went on a dream holiday to Bermuda, shot some amazing stuff with my fav photographer, Darren Black, I got ENGAGED, I attended a  private gig of 30 people where Cara Delevingne did a set on the drums (she's good!), I moved to Islington, I had my first Yo! sushi, I did some of the best makeup jobs of my life, I learnt, I ate & stayed at Tom Kerridge's pub, I became addicted to slipper socks, I spent lots of time with my best friends and saw this blog grow from strength to strength.

I learnt how important family & friends are, without them, I don't think my life would evaluate to much. I have appreciated my dearest friends this year . Workwise I have learnt so much and seen so much. You can never stop learning as a makeup artist and this year I have worked with some of the best. Also, don't get too sucked into social media and drama. Play nice and be nice :-) The rewards may come slower but they will be richer and more deserving. The emptiest vessels make the most noise.

My big focus for 2014 is to surround myself with a positive energy and see and value my friends more. Thankyou for all the support in 2013 and here's to 2014 being full of postitivity, hard work and happiness.

11 comments:

  1. Wow congratulations on your engagement and Happy New Year x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your engagement......your Halloween face literally freaked me out!! Completely agree with the family and friends comment.

    Here's to a wonderful 2014! x

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thankyou and thankyou! Yes, the halloween makeup this year was a popular look.. Have a lovely start to the year xx

      Delete
  3. Wow you had some crazy ups :) I hope you are ok now. Can't wait to see what you come up with in 2014! :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I I could include them all - what a crazy year! xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had an adventure filled 2013. Family & friends are what make us & make life worth living. I am wishing you and your family all the very best for 2014 x
    I can't wait to see where this nest year takes you xx
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your engagement!
    Happy New Year
    Hello, Tigerface!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nadine, have a wonderful 2014 xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely round-up, I hope your 2014 goes on to be just as exciting :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...