Thursday, 19 December 2013

Sample Sale brushes & This Works!

A lovely makeup artist posted on Facebook last week that she had just stumbled across a Sample sale along the Kings Road and there were loads of makeup brushes on sale. I went down to The Chelsea Town hall the very next morning to see what it was all about, feeling apprehensive and slightly doubtful but lo and behold I walked away with 30 brushes.....for just £15. I literally could not believe my luck... I usually will spend at least £15 on one makeup brush!
So the brands were a big mix, some I hadn't heard of...but a lot of Japonesque, Body shop, Ben Nye, Space NK and Benefit. Some of the brushes were sample brushes....as in they were almost protypes that get send to brands to choose which ones they like and want made into production (I spotted the old benefit black and white brushes...these weren't labelled but they 100% are!! - I used to work for them a long time ago!) Likewise with the Body Shop brushes, these aren't labelled but it's easy to see that these are the real deal. I literally do not need any brushes currently, I probably have over 300 as it is, but I will at some point in the future and I doubt I will ever get them again for this cheap. 20 of these I am keeping for myself and 10 I picked up for the lovely Annie who just said, grab me ANYTHING!!....so I did. I can tell quite easily the quality and type of hair, and all these powder/ blusher brushes are natural hair, good quality and an absolute bargain for just 50p each!! I think I have around £300 worth of brushes here..

There was also a 'This Works' sale going on a the stall next door to the brushes so on the way out, I picked up a few bits including one of my favourite candles in the WHOLE world...Neroli and Sweet Orange. If you know the fragrance Tom Ford Neroli Portofino....this is basically that but in a beautiful candle. I can't get enough. This were 50% off so I got two (money saving, right?!) and also I was running out of one of my makeup kit favs which is the This Works 'In Transit Camera Close-up' This is an absolutely essential prep for that red carpet perfect skin (a mask, primer and plumper in one) and I will do an in-depth review of this soon for you. This was 30% so also a bit of a bargain.

Have you ever been to a similar kind of sample sale? I always hear of the 'designer' clothes ones....which still seem expensive. I need to find out if they are going to be doing this kind of thing again and if I do...I will be sure to give you a heads up! (after I have been, obvs).

20 comments:

  1. Wow... I would have bought loads had I gone x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would of been perfect, really need some new brushes *Cries* Good on you going nuts, would of done the same thing (and yes the candles were a bargain!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG. Next time this happens, what's app me and i'll make any excuse I need to to get over there, lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do - I did tweet and Annie got in there PRONTO! x

      Delete
  4. Ahh nice one! My SIL was temping at Burberry when they had their sample sale on. She managed to get me a blush, bronzer, lipstick and 2 eyeshadows for £30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I'd go all the way for those The Body Shop brushes - I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to a few fashion sample sales but never a make-up one, this looks like an absolute goldmine!! I want those old benefit brushes <3 I love the atmosphere of a sample sale though, it's just like the Confessions of a Shopaholic film!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was literally on such a high when I came out!! ha ha x

      Delete
  7. I'm sooo jel!! Where can I find one of these?! AMAZING! x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they advertise it, I will have to try and find out who organised it x

      Delete
  8. OMG this is amazing!! I doubt they have any of these sample sales in the Welsh countryside but I'd love to go to one :( x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what an amazing sale! You got some amazing stuff. Do you know if its still on? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sorry for late reply, but no it was only on for like 2-3 days x

      Delete
    2. Thanks.....I will keep my ears and eyes open for the next one x

      Delete
  10. Lovely information about brushes .Thanks to provide such kind of information. Evolution Body Transformation is proud to be the Exclusive Provider of the Chiro-Thin Weight Loss Program in Madison! To know more information go through the below link.

    Weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that looks incredible! very jealous :)

    have a wondrful christmas!

    lora xx
    www.loraloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so gutted I didn't get to go to this when I saw the post on FB, but was filming non-stop :( I would have rinsed that!!

    Raffles Bizarre Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this on your twitter !!! There are no words soooo jealous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a crazy sale. I have never heard of anything like it! I would have loved to have gone. You picked up so many brushes for a bargain price. I am very jealous
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...